Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My (first) Danish Class















Danish... language spoken by danes(people of Denmark).... Last week I attended my first and probably last danish class. But chances of being it last danish class are less as there are other good reasons for me to attend it. There is a nice good looking polish girl in the class :)

In Denmark they teach Danish language freely, so anybody living in Denmark can register for it. This is one of the things which I would like to have in India - Free education. If that would be the case, then by now I would have learnt Kannada language as I was in Bangalore for at least 4 years.

Danish language is easy in some ways and difficult in other ways. It doesn't have different verb forms like am/is/are, for everything they use er, which is nice. When coming to difficulty, the main problem is they write something and pronounce something else. They say its the same case with french...(remember the scene of movie Hum Tum, when Rani Mukharjee's mother in movie tells her house address to Saif Ali Khan).

Lets take an example...Fuglebakken.. This is a place in Denmark and its pronounced as Dhumrapan . So if you listen to it, it will sound like the word from sentence... Dhumrapan karana mana hain(Smoking is prohibited). Thats how they pronounce it. There are lot of rules like which characters should be silent in a word depending on when and how its used. For example, they have a word Hvad... which means what. In that word they have both H and d silent...so its as good as saying va. Enough about Danish language, I should not start a lesson here :) (real purpose of stopping here is I don't know more than this, as of now :P)

But its nice to join such classes. Not only because you can learn something but also it gives us opportunity to socialize. Oh yes... I can make use of things learned during my school time (not only ... but also). Now you will be wondering about what is this socializing and why do we need that etc.. But for Indians its not really a thing which needs special attention. Another similar term is stress in work. For Indians these things are very normal. But for Danes(Danish people), this is something different and special. So they have to do something special to socialize - like go for party or go to friends house. But in India this is not required as our social life is quite good. But when I am here in Denmark, I felt the need of socializing.

This is the website of my school - http://www.cbsisprogcenter.kk.dk/

Oh I forgot to tell one interesting thing before I joined the class. I went to the school, filled out the form. They said that I will receive a letter after few days and I did receive the letter. But surprisingly the letter was also in Danish. I was expecting at least this letter should be in English as they know that I am gonna join the class to learn Danish, but thats how the system works :)

2 comments:

Manoj gopale said...

ng and added google adsense also.Keep it up...

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977848803

gibbuu said...

"If that would be the case, then by now I would have learnt Kannada language as I was in Bangalore for at least 4 years." i like this line...
also about Polish Girl..I have exchange students at AIM from CBS n believe me u r ryt!!I agree ..Have fun and socialize moderately..:)