Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Path Finiding Mission to Office... first day in Denmark!!!

It was my first day in Denmark. I was with my team mate in company guest house. We got up early, got ready...and stared our work... It was really cold outside and it was my first morning in Denmark.... As we were having the office address, we thought it will be easier to go to office.... but it wasn't. We asked one person about address, obviously in English as we don't know Danish. He didn't respond, I guess because he was not knowing English. We asked few more people, but most of the answers were.. "I don't know, sorry..." or " I am new at this place. " or "The place where you want to go is in different town, I don't know how to go there".. and bla bla bla..... we might have asked around 10-15 people till then.. but we also didn't have any other way except taking taxi and for which it would be around 2000 rupees.. so we continued our operation "Path Finding Mission". Then we asked address to one lady. She told us to take one metro train and then another train ..... She wrote down everything on paper.... I thought it will take around 3-4 hours to go there.
So we took first metro... I went inside and my friend was outside, the door was closing....and he thought now he can't come inside...and he couldn't.... Oh my god... now it was a problem...both of us don't know where and how to go...till we didn't have mobile numbers... we couldn't contact each other... We will realize the importance of mobile in such situation. So I instructed him from train that I will be getting down at next station. And to my surprize, the next station was our planned stop where we had planned to get down..... so I just got down on next station and waited there for my friend. He came in next metro....
Then we took another train, we got down at destination. Now our mission was to find out our new office. It was a Bank Development Centre. So we started asking people where is this Bank. There was somebody from Iran or Pakistan who was knowing little bit Hindi, he showed us the bank... Bank was there, we though its open and as it is software company, nobody would be outside.. We entered through some door. We went inside, nobody was there on ground floor and there was a stairs to go up. But by seeing at the whole office, till then we realized that it is just a bank and not the Bank Development Centre.
Then we again started searching for the address that we had. After asking few people one of them told us to take one bus. As per his instructions, we took the bus. We got down at the correct point. Then we were on the road on which our office resides. Now we were going on the road. We wanted to ask somebody about where is the office, but nobody was there on road in the early morning around 10am. After going much inside, we saw our Bank...It was around 10:20. So totally it took around 2 hours. Oh it took less time than we expected, its because all the trains, buses were in time.. And so far they are always in time in Denmark. Thats good about Denmark.
And this way we finished our "Path Finding Mission".

No comments: