Monday, January 19, 2009

When you are in office, keep your mobile on silent mode!!!

Yesterday, being Sunday I went to office to do some work. I saw another person in office. I just checked about what is he doing? And to my surprise he was pasting small small paper labels in front of each desk. On each paper label it was written that, "Please keep your mobiles on silent mode". I was just thinking about what made him do this hard work(its not really hard..but doing it on Sunday makes it difficult) on weekend. He could have asked it to some office boy. But I think he was very much angry with those people who don't think of the impact of keeping mobile on normal full volume mode and disturbing the working souls with nice, loud caller tunes.

Sometime back when I was in Denmark I was having some casual discussion with my team there during our lunch time. And suddenly somebody got a call and the ring tone disturbed us all. Then on of my Danish team mate told this funny incident.

There was some lady project manager. She used to get lot of calls and she never thought of keeping her mobile on silent mode. So each time she gets a call, her neighboring colleagues used to get angry. But who will ask her to keep it on silent mode? Whenever she was having meeting, she used to keep her mobile at her desk and used to go for meeting.
One day she went for a meeting and the mobile rang... A person sitting next to her took it. There was a jar filled with water and having some flowers in it kept on the desk. This person put the ringing mobile in that jar. Sometime later the lady came. She understood what might have happened. And she learned a lesson...

No comments: